1. How do I install a DC brushless pump?
1. The best installation method is in a horizontal direction with the outlet facing up. If you require another installation method, please inform us during the purchasing process, in order to allow us to adjust the specifications to the best working conditions.
2. Install an anti-vibration cotton pad on the bottom of the pump.
3. The pump inlet and outlet should be connected to a silica gel hose. If it is connected to a hard object instead, there should be an anti-resonance feature.
4. Installation of a brushless DC pump in a water pipe: If a hard tube is connected to the inlet and outlet of the pump, the inlet and outlet should be marked with a standard thread when the pump is chosen.
5. The pump should not be beaten or thrown when installed.
6. Please install and use the pump according to its intended working conditions. When responding to us, please inform us of the appliance working condition, fluid working temperature, power supply and working voltage. When testing the pump, please pay attention to the power polarity, as a reverse power polarity is strictly prohibited.
7. When choosing an installation location, please keep away from strong magnetic objects.
2. How do I use the pump? Operation steps are as follows:
1. Turn on the regulated power supply, which provides the pump with the needed power. If the pump needs a power of 12VDC, then the power supply should be 12VDC. If the pump requires 24VDC, the user should adjust the power supply to 24VDC.
2. Take the pump out of the box and find the power cord with its positive and negative electrodes. The red line signifies the positive polarity, and the black line is for the negative polarity. If the wires are other colors, the ends will also be marked as positive and negative. Please see the test report included with the product.
3. Place 1/3 of the pump body into the water. Do not place the entire pump into the water if it is not a submersible pump to prevent motor burnout. However, the inlet and outlet of the pump should be in the water.
4. Connect the positive pole to the cathode on the pump, and the negative pole on the anode to ensure normal operation and start up.
5. Please place the pump in clean water to avoid blockage by solid, dirty substances.
6. Operate the pump within specifications offered, as illustrated in the test report.
7. Do not move or otherwise handle the pump in a heavy manner, as this can affect the pump’s performance.
8. It is easy to use the pump if you have read the test report, manual and specification sheet in advance. Should you have any questions or problems, feel free to contact us.
1. Run-dry operation (no water is inside the pump) is prohibited.
2. Pumps should not be exposed to long term sunlight or heavy rain.
3. Do not use the pumps in a strong acid solution (pH value ≤ pH5-10, salt: 20%). Please tell us special requirements when you order.
4. Keep the pump appearance and working fluid clean.
5. When removing the pump to clean it, wash it with clean water, then dry, wrap and put it away if it is not needed for a long period of time. The next time it is used, pour clean water inside to rinse it out, then shake the pump. After doing so, run the pump at 60-80% of the normal working voltage and test it to ensure the working current remains steady and normal. After doing so, return the voltage to the normal working range, and watch for 1 to 2 hours to ensure the temperature rise remains normal.
4. How do I choose the right brushless DC pump for my needs?
Users must first take an in-depth look at the following information and provide us with the responses when choosing a brushless DC pump from us.
1. Pump model: first, choose the right type and a suitable model
2. Find the right power supply:
a. Transformer switch power supply: switch to the correct voltage and current for the pump
b. Battery power supply: How much battery capacity do I need (amp/hour)?
c. Solar power supply: Select the correct open circuit voltage and short circuit current for your needs.
3. Working voltage: 4.5VDC-24VDC (any voltage within the voltage range)
4. Power: 0.65-120W
5. Static water head and static flow rate:
a. Static water head: this measures a zero flow rate as the water reaches its maximum height
b. Static flow rate: The static flow rate measures when the pump outlet does not connect to any pipe, thus, the water flow comes out at a specific rate. For example: choose a pump with a 3L/minute flow rate at 2 meters high. The static water head of the pump must be higher than 3 meters in order to get the static flow rate of 3L/minute at 2 meters high. (For more details, please refer to the flow rate VS water head curve, or ask our sales department).
6. Application environment: To ensure the correct pump choice, a user must know the ambient temperature, humidity, and ventilation. Users should also know if their choice needs to be submersible or non-submersible.
7. Medium: Users need to know what the pump is going to be pumping: water, engine or edible oil, anti-freeze liquid, as well as the fluid’s temperature and pH value.
8. Regular and professional manufacturer and dealer
5. How do I place an order?
Contact our sales department, and confirm the product model you are interested in, as well as specification requirements (application, working voltage or current, head or flow, fluid type, fluid temperature). After receiving this information, our sales personnel will confirm the price. After the price has been confirmed, place the order (written out) via email, fax, chat tools or a purchase contract. Our sales personnel will then forward on the order to the production team.
6. Is Zhuogao a trading company or a factory?
We are a factory, and have specialized in the motor and cross flow fan industry for more than 9 years. We have our own R&D team, production lines, sales team, after-sales service team and logistics department.
7. How many years of export experience does your company have?
We have exported products since 2006, and now have a wide exportation sales network that spans the globe. We have obtained more than 60% of the domestic market, and have numerous customers from the United States, Canada, the UK, Germany, Estonia, Italy, Finland, Ireland, Turkey, South Africa, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, Japan and South Korea.
8. How do you guarantee your products?
Normally, we provide a 2 year guarantee from the date marked on the product. During this period, we offer free maintenance, technology support for installation, usage, maintenance, and problem solving. We also accept replacements for defective products caused by the product itself and not misuse. We also supply maintenance without charging for labor (though we do charge for the material in fixing or replacing damaged components). Customers will also be responsible for covering the transportation costs.
9. Can I receive service from you even when a product is outside the warranty period?
Yes. We will provide maintenance without charging for the labor, but will charge for the cost of material for the defective component.
10. What is the delivery time for wholesales and samples?
Samples are generally delivered within 4 days. For wholesales, delivery time is generally 20 days for quantities of 5,000 pieces or less. For orders of more than 5,000 pieces, the delivery period is generally a month. In the event of changes to specifications or models, the delivery time will be renegotiated, and we should be informed of any changes within 2 working days after receiving your order.
11. Do you offer OEM services?
Yes. We offer both OEM and ODM services. All products are customized according to customer requirements. We do not normally keep any stock on hand, even for samples. If you need a sample, please send us a sample order early, so that we are able to prepare a sample for you. If you need a new mold or need to make any modifications on our existing models to meet your requirements, we offer customized services, and can give customers a quote with reasonable price. For more details, please feel free to contact us.
12. The pump does not run, and there is no sound, even when power is supplied to the pump.
Check to be sure the electric circuit and wiring is appropriately connected.
13. The pump does not run, and is making a buzzing noise when power is supplied.
The power supply may be too low. (The power supply should be ≥1.5 times as much as the pump power). Check the pump rotor to ensure the pump is not blocked by dirt.
14. The pump does not spray any water.
There may be a few reasons:
1. Check to be sure if air or solid matter is coming into the water pipe when connected to the inlet of the pump. There should be no air or solid matter in the pipe, and the pump should have enough liquid inside to run properly. If there is no solid matter or air, and the pump still is not working, check inside the pump to determine if the shaft is broken, the gasket is broken or misplaced or the rotor is displaced. If the rotor is displaced, and difficult to move, check and the shaft and shaft sleeve. If they are too tightly combined, the rotor will generate heat during operation, thus increasing the temperature.
2. The power transmitted by the magnet will decline as a curve with an increase in temperature. Usually, within the working limited temperature of the magnet, the power transmission ability is reversible, however, if the temperature rises too high, the power transmission is irreversible, because as the magnet cools, the power transmission fades and cannot be restored. If the magnet and power transmission are not handled quickly, the increasing temperature will decrease the magnetism power. The filtering and high temperature media need to be carefully considered to ensure the working temperature of the rotor will not exceed safe working limits.
3. When checking the speed, check the pump speed itself to ensure it is within normal working ranges, as well as the pump temperature, and if the pump has water or air inside. The pump should have no water or air inside when first starting up. Start and stop the pump at least 3 times and let the pump work for several minutes to ensure its operations are normal.
15. The pump is not achieving the required water head and flow rate during operations.
Check to see if there is air or water inside the pump chamber. If there is, remove it, and restart and stop the pump at least 3 times.
16. The pump is operating with an abnormal sound.
If there is dirt and other solid particles inside the pump, remove them and clean the pump chamber.
17. The motor head heats up when operating.
Check if the rotor is blocked by other particles, the power supply is normal, and if the pump housing is broken, allowing water into the pump housing.
18. The pump vibrates and there is a loud noise when the pump is operating.
Place the pump on a smooth board or desk and connect to a power supply, then turn to a rated working voltage. If the pump is noisy with a vibration, hold it in your hand. If there is a vibration but no noise, the cause may be a misplaced rotor, an enlarged shaft hole or the impeller is damaged or deformed. Solutions include: change to new materials. If you feel a slight vibration and a low noise, install an anti-vibration soft sponge/pad. If the noise is loud, and there is a large amount of vibration, replace the rotor and the cover.
19. The pump has a loud noise while operating.
Check all the components inside the pump, including the rotor, shaft, impeller, gasket, O-rings, front cover and pump housing. Also check the power supply, as well as if there is dirt or solid objects inside the pump housing.
20. The pump is leaking.
The pump housing may not be attached well or the seal ring is not installed.